I have always heard about women must eat more antioxidant food. It will help in anti-aging and fighting cancer but what it is all about.
Antioxidants are chemical that can prevent and slow cell damage – the common pathway for cancer, aging, heart disease and more. There can also help to repair cell damage caused by the free radicals. Consuming food rich in antioxidants may be good for your heart and health and may also help to lower your risk of infections and cancers. Natural antioxidants mainly found in fruits and vegetables.
So I head to the pharmacy and bought a bottle of Vitamin E supplement which is also an antioxidant. This mean it will help to slow down the process of cell damage. Vitamin E is important vitamin required for proper function of many organs in the body. I look at the instruction, it stated that 1-2 soft gel per day and I diligently took it and make sure I do not over taking it as it will have some side effect. If you’re thinking about taking larger amounts of any antioxidant supplements, you should speak with a health care provider first.
Some of my friends use the vitamin E soft gel for facial mask. At night, they will cut open the gel and apply it all over the face. This will help to prevent aging. I have tried a few times but I do not really like the oily feeling.
Here’s easy recipe for Ice-cream. You do not need any machine and just 3 ingredients only.
400ml Fresh Coconut Milk
1 can of Condensed Milk
How to do
1. Mix the Fresh Coconut Milk and Condensed Milk together in a container and mix it together (remember to get a container with lid)
2. Squeeze 2 lime into the mixture and stir
3. Cut the lime skin into tiny tiny pieces and put into the mixture and stir
4. Cover it and put into the Freezer for 8hr to 10hr and now it is ready to eat 😛
Happy making!! My children love it.
People always said the Chicken Essence help to fight against fatigue and nourish your body. As the exam for J & J is coming soon and tonight I am going to try to steam Chicken in Chicken Essence for them to boost their energy.
– 3 Chicken Drumsticks
– Handful of Wolfberries
– 10 Red Dates
– 1 Soup Spoon of Chinese Wine (Hua Tiao)
– 1 Bottles of Chicken Essence
– 4 Slices of Gingers
– 1 Tea spoon of Salt (add more to taste)
– 1/2 Tea Spoon of Seasame Oil
– 1/2 Tea Spoon of Ginger Juice
How to do
– Marinate the Chicken Drumsticks with Ginger Juice, Salt and Chinese Wine for 30 minutes in aluminium foil
– After marinating, put the Chicken Essence, Wolfberries, Red dates and Gingers on top of the Chicken Drumstick, Cover back the aluminium foil
– Steam the Chicken Drumstick for 30 – 45 mins
– Add seasame oil and pepper to taste
– Ready to serve 😛
Just 2 weeks ago, Junior J, Elder J and Mummy J had contracted HFMD (Hand Foot Mouth Disease).
Started off with Junior J, he has high fever for 3 days and no matter how much Paracetamol or Nubrofen that I gave him the fever didn’t subside. Helper has been taking care of him during the days and I will be taking care of him during the night. We have been monitoring him but there’s no ulcers even the doctor is unable to detect that he has HFMD. 3 days later which is Friday, Elder J’s teacher called me and asked me to fetch him from school. He has high fever as well and this time Elder J complaint that he was having sore throat. I brought him to doctor the very same day. Doctor consulted and said that he might had got the infection from Junior J. Doctor gave both of them anti-biotic and fever medicine. We went home to rest. The very next day, I started to develop fever. My whole day was aching and decided to just self-medicate with the Paracetamol. That night, Elder J started to have a lot of rashes/blisters on his hand and feet. The blisters were itching but when you press on it, it was painful. Elder J couldn’t walk as the whole feet was full of blisters and when I look at Junior J, he has a little on his hand only. That night, we went to NUH (National University Hospital), the moment the nurses saw Elder J, they brought us to the isolation ward where we were in a small room with a bed and waiting for the doctor to come. At this time, my finger start to itch and I realised that my hand has blisters too. To me, I have never know that an adult will be contacted with HFMD. The three of us got diagnosed with HFMD by the doctor, There is no medicine, Doctor just gave me a bottle of Vitamin C and asked us to drink as much water as possible. It was hell in the next 5 days.
- The back of our throat has many ulcers, we couldn’t eat or drink. The only solution was to drink cereal and porridge as for my boys I bought Pedisure (a complete and balanced nutritional supplement specially developed for children aged 1 to 10 years who miss and do not complete their meals or who are picky about what they eat for them) for them.The pain affected the ears as well.
- Our blisters on our hand and feet. We couldn’t hold the fork and spoon properly as it hurt when it press on the blisters. We apply a lot of Aloe Vera Gel (Jorubi or GNC) on the blisters and it really work a little. It help to dry up the blisters faster.
We are fully recovered in 5 days…except that the blisters started to peel. We apply butter moisturiser to prevent it for more peeling. Thanks god, my boys were age 8 and 10. They are not giving me a lot of problems. Most of the time, they just lie down on the bed and rest.
It is an experience that I will never forget. 3Js were down with HFMD :O