Hmmm….PSLE year! Let us plan ahead so that we are all prepare for PSLE. Parents play an important role in making sure that children are on the right tracks toward preparing for their exam. Each child is different hence there is no one good plan that fits all. We have to keep in mind the needs and abilities of our child.
Here’s some tips:
Set the Goal
Set the goal together with your child. Ask him what he want to achieve in the PSLE. Write the goal somewhere there is visible. Re-assuring your child that this is a team effort. You will facilitate him and he has to put him effort in order to achieve the goal.
Schedule is important. It guide them to know what is their priority and when to study/revise for each subject. Here’s the example of time table.
Past Year Exam Papers
Practice! Practice! Practice! Buy the past year exam papers and let them practice.
Beside letting the children playing with the electronic gadget, I do encourage the kids to use the time to do more sports. Not only do sports help them burn off excess energy and have fun, they are also proven to help with focus, self-esteem, and emotional control.
Here’s are some of the sports that i personally find it interesting.
Archery help children to focus and also improve the balance and coordination. By drawing a bow strengthens their core muscles, which help to improve the their balance and stability and hand-eye coordination. This will help the children perform in other aspects of life.
Archery Club Singapore
Fencing let the children learn to be good sportsmanship, self-discipline and gain quick reflexes. The game require strategy in order to attack your opponent is many different ways. They will gain a sense of accomplishment when winning!
Sailing is an exciting and fun sport. Learning to sail will help to gain confidence, sense of directions, spatial awareness and weather knowledge. It is quite not a popular sport in Singapore yet but parents do consider this.
Singapore Sailing Federation
SAF Yacht Club
Water Polo is a intense sport for children. It require them to tread water and swim for long periods. The game let the children learn team work and also increase self determination.
Pacer Water Polo
Singapore Swimming Association
Easy Recipe: Olive Rice
The children want to try some new food today and I have decided to cook something special for them.
– 300 gm of mince pork
– 3 garlics
– 1 bottle of Olive Vegetable (brand AAA Olive Vegetable)
– 1 spoon of dark soy sauce
– 1 tea spoon of light soy sauce
– 1 spoon of oil
– 1 cup of Rice
How to do
1. First cook the rice inside the rice cooker
2. Heat the work
3. Add in the oil, wait till the oil is hot
4. Add in the garlic, fry till its fragrant, then add in the mince pork
5. Add in the dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, pepper and continue to stir fried the mince pork for another 5 min
6. Remove the mince pork and leave it on the plate
7. Wait for Rice to be cook
8. Add in 4- 5 table spoon of Olive Vegetable, stir it
9. Add in the mince pork, continue to stir it
10. Cover the rice cook, let it warm for another 5 min
Ready to serve 🙂
I have always heard about women must eat more antioxidant food. It will help in anti-aging and fighting cancer but what it is all about.
Antioxidants are chemical that can prevent and slow cell damage – the common pathway for cancer, aging, heart disease and more. There can also help to repair cell damage caused by the free radicals. Consuming food rich in antioxidants may be good for your heart and health and may also help to lower your risk of infections and cancers. Natural antioxidants mainly found in fruits and vegetables.
So I head to the pharmacy and bought a bottle of Vitamin E supplement which is also an antioxidant. This mean it will help to slow down the process of cell damage. Vitamin E is important vitamin required for proper function of many organs in the body. I look at the instruction, it stated that 1-2 soft gel per day and I diligently took it and make sure I do not over taking it as it will have some side effect. If you’re thinking about taking larger amounts of any antioxidant supplements, you should speak with a health care provider first.
Some of my friends use the vitamin E soft gel for facial mask. At night, they will cut open the gel and apply it all over the face. This will help to prevent aging. I have tried a few times but I do not really like the oily feeling.
Here’s easy recipe for Ice-cream. You do not need any machine and just 3 ingredients only.
400ml Fresh Coconut Milk
1 can of Condensed Milk
How to do
1. Mix the Fresh Coconut Milk and Condensed Milk together in a container and mix it together (remember to get a container with lid)
2. Squeeze 2 lime into the mixture and stir
3. Cut the lime skin into tiny tiny pieces and put into the mixture and stir
4. Cover it and put into the Freezer for 8hr to 10hr and now it is ready to eat 😛
Happy making!! My children love it.
People always said the Chicken Essence help to fight against fatigue and nourish your body. As the exam for J & J is coming soon and tonight I am going to try to steam Chicken in Chicken Essence for them to boost their energy.
– 3 Chicken Drumsticks
– Handful of Wolfberries
– 10 Red Dates
– 1 Soup Spoon of Chinese Wine (Hua Tiao)
– 1 Bottles of Chicken Essence
– 4 Slices of Gingers
– 1 Tea spoon of Salt (add more to taste)
– 1/2 Tea Spoon of Seasame Oil
– 1/2 Tea Spoon of Ginger Juice
How to do
– Marinate the Chicken Drumsticks with Ginger Juice, Salt and Chinese Wine for 30 minutes in aluminium foil
– After marinating, put the Chicken Essence, Wolfberries, Red dates and Gingers on top of the Chicken Drumstick, Cover back the aluminium foil
– Steam the Chicken Drumstick for 30 – 45 mins
– Add seasame oil and pepper to taste
– Ready to serve 😛
Just 2 weeks ago, Junior J, Elder J and Mummy J had contracted HFMD (Hand Foot Mouth Disease).
Started off with Junior J, he has high fever for 3 days and no matter how much Paracetamol or Nubrofen that I gave him the fever didn’t subside. Helper has been taking care of him during the days and I will be taking care of him during the night. We have been monitoring him but there’s no ulcers even the doctor is unable to detect that he has HFMD. 3 days later which is Friday, Elder J’s teacher called me and asked me to fetch him from school. He has high fever as well and this time Elder J complaint that he was having sore throat. I brought him to doctor the very same day. Doctor consulted and said that he might had got the infection from Junior J. Doctor gave both of them anti-biotic and fever medicine. We went home to rest. The very next day, I started to develop fever. My whole day was aching and decided to just self-medicate with the Paracetamol. That night, Elder J started to have a lot of rashes/blisters on his hand and feet. The blisters were itching but when you press on it, it was painful. Elder J couldn’t walk as the whole feet was full of blisters and when I look at Junior J, he has a little on his hand only. That night, we went to NUH (National University Hospital), the moment the nurses saw Elder J, they brought us to the isolation ward where we were in a small room with a bed and waiting for the doctor to come. At this time, my finger start to itch and I realised that my hand has blisters too. To me, I have never know that an adult will be contacted with HFMD. The three of us got diagnosed with HFMD by the doctor, There is no medicine, Doctor just gave me a bottle of Vitamin C and asked us to drink as much water as possible. It was hell in the next 5 days.
- The back of our throat has many ulcers, we couldn’t eat or drink. The only solution was to drink cereal and porridge as for my boys I bought Pedisure (a complete and balanced nutritional supplement specially developed for children aged 1 to 10 years who miss and do not complete their meals or who are picky about what they eat for them) for them.The pain affected the ears as well.
- Our blisters on our hand and feet. We couldn’t hold the fork and spoon properly as it hurt when it press on the blisters. We apply a lot of Aloe Vera Gel (Jorubi or GNC) on the blisters and it really work a little. It help to dry up the blisters faster.
We are fully recovered in 5 days…except that the blisters started to peel. We apply butter moisturiser to prevent it for more peeling. Thanks god, my boys were age 8 and 10. They are not giving me a lot of problems. Most of the time, they just lie down on the bed and rest.
It is an experience that I will never forget. 3Js were down with HFMD :O